- Code Number:
Gate, path, footpath, Brookgreen Gardens, May 1969, 1960s
- In 1931, Archer and Anna Hyatt Huntington founded Brookgreen Gardens, a non-profit 501(c)(3) garden museum, to preserve the native flora and fauna and display objects of art within that natural setting. Today, Brookgreen Gardens is a National Historic Landmark with the most significant collection of figurative sculpture in an outdoor setting by American artists in the world and has the only zoo accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums on the coast of the Carolinas.
1931 Brookgreen Drive, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
Brookgreen Gardens is located between Myrtle Beach and Pawleys Island, South Carolina.
Map to Brookgreen Gardens
* Myrtle Beach - 18 miles north
* Pawleys Island - 3 miles south
* Georgetown - 18 miles south
* Charleston - 70 miles south.
P.O. Box 3368, Pawleys Island, SC 29585
South Carolina, Architecture, Travel, Scenics, Structure, American, USA
- Image by:
- George H. Ulrich Jr.